Pietra Ligure, Italy
Pietra Ligure, attractive town in the Savona district, is located in the “Palm Riviera”, on the west Liguria coastline.
Its name, literally “ligurian stone”, is referred to the great calcareous rock “La pietra” on which it’s still possible to observe the remains of the ancient castle.
Pietra Ligure offers to the tourist an amazing sea and an interesting hinterland, and especially during spring and summer has a rich agenda of sporting and cultural events.
The nice beach of fine sand, free, or equipped with beach resorts, is separated from the residential area by a long and elegant promenade, full of cafés, restaurants and bar, refreshed by the shadows of the palms.
Pietra Ligure has won the “Blue Flag” (a certification by the Foundation for Environmental Education, that a beach, marina or sustainable boating tourism operator meets its stringent standards) in 1997, 2014 and 2015.
The hinterland is rich of characteristics hamlets which are worth visiting, and for whom that love the nature, near the city center there is the botanical garden “Pietro Toesca”.
Among the most important events:
- The theatrical season at “Cinema Teatro Moretti”;
- PietrAntico, local antiques and secondhand market, during every last weekend of every month;
- The olimpic Triathlon city of Pietra Ligure on the 21-22 of May;
- The Festival Blu on the 4th of June, when there will be organized a lot of outdoor activities (horses and water game).
- During all the summer season, concerts, happy hours and entertainments all around the city center;
- Pietra Ligure in Fiore – flowers exposition from the 10th to the 12th of June;
- BimBinGioCo, shows and workshops dedicated to the children from the 26th of June to the 2nd of July. All the shows are free and will take place in Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II;
- The celebration of the miracle of San Nicolò, the 8th of July, with the Holy Mass, the procession and the fireworks, which will be celebrated also the 15th of August;
- Sunset Beach festival, shows, happy hours and street food after the sunset in July and August;
- Green Emotions and Blue Adventures, summer fairs conceived for the people who love outdoor sport as excursions, even in mountain bike, or snorkelling;
- Sea illumination during the all summer period;
- Sagra del Nostralino (10-14 August) in the hamlet of Ranzi, where it is possible to taste various locals treats;
- La Gastronomica, (3-4 September) a culinary event in collaboration with the locals;
- Dolcissima Pietra, an event dedicated to Italian patisserie (17-18 September).